Indigo ChesserStudent, Actress, Big SIster
Indigo's Story :
My name is Indigo Chesser and I am 9 years old and I live in Keene, a supportive community that I love. I will admit that I am more of a talker than a writer and that I have found talking about myself to be quite challenging. So here it goes:
Since I was little, I have always had the ability to notice what people are feeling and experiencing – it doesn’t matter what age they are, or how well I know them. I just feel how they are feeling. As I have grown up I have learned that the word to describe this is empathetic. I enjoy being able to help others by offering a hug, a smile or another way to make a person feel better. I get a great deal of joy making others smile and would not hesitate to be silly if it helped make someone laugh.
I do LOVE to perform and entertain. I am very involved In our local theatre scene and everyone who knows me knows that I love being on stage. I love to create stories, dances, plays and write songs. I also love designing and inventing things out of recycled materials. I enjoy creating something out of nothing and I always hope that my creations bring joy and awareness to how important it is to care for Mother Earth.
I have been told that I am a passionate person. I guess this means I feel deeply. I do try to fundraise for and create awareness about different causes in order to make a positive difference. Some of the things I am passionate about are:
- God’s Creatures! Animals are very special to me, though I do still struggle to love bugs.
- Letting people know that I might learn in a way that is different than others but when people take the time to understand what helps me to learn, I too can enjoy learning new things.
- caring for our planet,
- finding a cure for cancer,
- Learning more about how, as a settler, I can have a relationship based on love and respect with my indigenous brothers and sisters.
- equal rights for ALL people and
- that love is love!
I have great love for my family and I am fortunate to have a huge circle of family that surrounds me and supports me every single day. They mean everything to me. I also have a number of important people in my life who were friends that have become my family. I am grateful to everyone who has helped me see how important it is to let my light shine!